Vampire Survivors, the indie bullet-hell rogue-lite, has gotten its second paid DLC, Tides of Foscari. The new content, which is inspired by classic fantasy-RPG themes, adds a new enchanted forest map, Lake Foscari, in addition to eight new characters and 13 new weapons. Like the rest of Vampire Survivors, all of this needs to be unlocked by completing specific tasks. Here’s how to unlock everything new in Vampire Survivors Tides of Foscari DLC.
New map Lake Foscari
Lake Foscari takes place in a magical forest filled with mushroom houses and mushroom enemies. The other defining feature of this map is Lake Foscari, which can be found in the top-right corner of the map. The lake also connects to multiple rivers that flow throughout the level. The stage boss, the Avatar of Gaea, appears at the 25-minute mark whenever you are on the map. Defeating this boss unlocks the Hyper version of Lake Foscari.
There is also a secondary version of the map called Abyss Foscari, which can be unlocked by breaking the Seal of the Lake with Keitha, one of the new characters. This can be done by evolving Keitha’s starting weapon, the Flash Arrow.
How to get all new characters
To get rolling on unlocking all of the new characters, you will first need to find Eleanor in a coffin on the new Lake Foscari. Eleanor is marked as a “?” on the map, located northwest of your starting location. Head north from the starting point until you reach a river, which you can cross via a bridge located directly north of the start. From there, the path to Eleanor’s coffin is uninterrupted.
Sammies are the special caterpillar bug enemies, which appear infrequently throughout the map. There is a special meadow where they spawn indefinitely, which can be found by heading right from the spawn area until you hit the edge of the map. From here, head up to find a forest maze. The exit is in the top left of the maze, after which you need to head up and to the right again, where you can find a wall, which the Sammies spawn out of.
As for the characters that require broken seals, you first must break the Seal of the Lake with Keitha and the evolved Flash Arrow. This unlocks the other map Abyss Forscari, where you must use Maruto and the evolved version of Eskizzibur to break the Seal of the Abyss. Further into the map you must find the Seal of the Banished, which must be done with Eleanor and SpellStrom. All of these are marked on the map with a “?” if you have the map unlocked.
For Rottin’Ghoul, the Rotting Ghouls can be found in Abyss Foscari. Unlike the Sammies, these spawn pretty regularly, about 2,000 defeated in a single 30-minute run.
- Eleanor – Find and open the coffin in Lake Foscari.
- Maruto Cuts – Unite SpellString, SpellStream, and SpellStrike
- Keitha – Evolve the Eskizzibur
- Sammy – Defeat a total of 6,000 Sammies
- Luminaire Foscari – As Maruto, break the Seal of the Abyss
- Genevieve Gruyère – With Eleanor, break the Seal of the Banished
- Je-Ne-Viv – Defeat 100,000 enemies in a single run with Genevieve Gruyère
- Rottin’Ghoul – Defeat a total of 6,000 Rotting Ghouls
New weapons and new evolutions
There are 13 new weapons, five of which are evolutions of other weapons. Like many of the other weapons in Vampire Survivors, you can unlock these weapons by playing with the character that uses them as the starting weapon. Eleanor Uziron starts with SpellString, then receives SpellStream at level 10 and SpellStrike at level 20.
- SpellString – Survive 15 minutes with Eleanor Uziron
- SpellStream – Get SpellStream to level 6
- SpellStrike – Get SpellStrike to level 6
- Eskizzibur – Survive 15 minutes with Maruto Cuts
- Flash Arrow – Survive 15 minutes with Keitha Muort
- Prismatic Missile – Survive 15 minutes with Luminaire Foscari
- Shadow Servant – Survive 15 minutes with Genevieve Gruyère.
- Party Popper – Can be bought from the Merchant after unlocking Rottin’Ghoul
To evolve these weapons into their better version, you will need to have both the weapon and the required items at max level. At this point, you have a chance of getting the evolution whenever you pick up a chest dropped by an elite enemy. There aren’t any new items, so all of the evolutions use an old item or combination of old items.
- Legionnaire – Evolved Eskizzibur with max-level Armor
- SpellStrom – Evolved from having SpellString, SpellStream, and SpellStrike at max level
- Millionaire – Evolved from Flash Arrow with max-level Clover and Bracer
- Luminaire – Evolved from Prismatic Missile with max-level Crown
- Ophion – Evolved from Shadow Servant with max-level Skull O’Maniac
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.