The Callisto Protocol‘s latest update, version 3.01, has added a New Game+ mode.
Developer Striking Distance Studios has released another new patch for its survival horror game, The Callisto Protocol, this time adding a New Game + mode, allowing players who have completed the game once to start a new save but with all their gears and upgrades from their first playthrough.
Alongside this feature, the developer has introduced a collection of bug fixes that are mainly aimed at gameplay. For instance, an issue where players would receive damage for vaulting over obstacles has been fixed, as well as several problems where camera angles or select paths would cause the environment to disappear. General fixes like performance optimizations for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox have also been added. The full patch notes for version 3.01 can be read below.
The Callisto Protocol version 3.01 patch notes:
- Users who previously completed the game will have access to NewGame+ after the patch.
- Application restart may be required.
- Requires an active save file from game completion.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not correctly granted the “The Protocol is About Life” achievement
- Added New Game Plus. Complete the game to unlock New Game Plus and carry your pression over to a new save. All weapons, upgrades, and Callisto Credits can be collected at the first Reforge
- General performance optimizations across all platforms
- Players no longer take damage when vaulting over obstacles
- Fixed multiple issues where certain camera angles or progression paths could cause environments to stream out and allow Jacob to fall through the ground
- Consistency pass on cabinets, lockers, and shelves to display correctly in High Contrast mode
- Voice leveling and subtitle mismatch adjustments across localized languages
- Fixed low frequency crash in the Tunnels level during the Two Head fight
- Skip Cinematics button has been mapped to the Interact/Pickup input
- Fixed a long hitch when enabling Ray-Traced Shadows in the main menu
- Prevented mouse cursor from displaying during some area transitions
- Fixed low frequency crash in Snowcat when Jacob is talking to Dani
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.