Beast of Prey, Apex Legends‘ latest Collection Event, went live on Tuesday with an update that brought a new limited-time mode, some slight meta changes, and loads of new cosmetic items to the game–including Loba’s long-awaited Heirloom weapon. The event is significant enough that the game’s developers saw fit to schedule two Reddit AMAs to answer players’ questions about Apex’s upcoming changes.
The first AMA was primarily focused on the new Gun Run LTM, and took place yesterday. The second AMA will concern legends, weapons, and the game’s overall meta. It is scheduled to take place on the official Apex Legends subreddit today at 1 PM PT / 4 PM ET. With enough content to fill two Reddit AMA’s, the Beast of Prey event has quite a lot to offer, so keep reading for a feature-by-feature breakdown of everything this jam-packed event has in store.
Arguably the most exciting new feature to arrive alongside the Beast of Prey update, Gun Run is a new limited-time mode that offers an Outlands-style take on the standard Gun Game formula. Four squads of four players must fight their way to victory by working through a 25-weapon arsenal one kill at a time. Any teams that reach 25 kills have their firearms replaced with throwing knives that give all members on that squad the ability to single-handedly win the match. The first squad to pull off a knife kill wins.
The throwing knives can be practiced with inside the firing range, so don’t forget to visit it if you’re struggling to hit your targets.
Collection Event cosmetics
The Beast of Prey cosmetic collection consists of 24 items, each of which is unlockable via Apex Coins (100 AC – $1 USD), Crafting Metals, or Beast of Prey Apex Packs (700 AC each). The following items are included in the collection:
Epic (1,000 AC / 800 Crafting Metals)
- Preyed Upon Lifeline banner frame
- Xenothrone Horizon banner frame
- Third Partied holo spay
- Flaunt It Loba skydive emote
- Joyful Gigawatts Wattson Emote
- Ones and Threes Mirage emote
- Hollow One Gibraltar legend skin
- Blight Walker Revenant legend skin
- Toxic Waste CAR SMG weapon skin
- Noxious Spray Hemlock weapon skinBloody Gold Longbow weapon skin
- Arctic Fox Wingman weapon skin
Legendary (1,800 AC / 2,400 Crafting Metals)
- Bounty Hunter Fuse legend skin
- Healing Huntress Lifeline legend skin
- Thrill of the Hunt Loba legend skin
- Mark of Death Alternator weapon skin
- Chunky Tech Havoc weapon skin
- Toxic Takedown Peacekeeper weapon skin
- Die Tired Octane legend skin
- Search and Destroy Pathfinder legend skin
- Frozen Carnage Rampart legend skin
- Secondary Jaw Rampage weapon skin
- Gold Talons Prowler weapon skin
- Brood Mother Horizon legend skin
You can take a closer look at the Alien vs. Predator-inspired cosmetics in our Beast of Prey Collection Event gallery.
Loba’s Heirloom set
Unlocking all 24 Beast of Prey cosmetics will earn you Loba’s Heirloom weapon, the Garra de Alanza (“Claw of Alanza”). Modeled after a fan once owned by her late mother Alanza, Loba’s heirloom features sharp, claw-like blades and a unique inspect animation that features her slicing one of Revenant’s spare skulls in half.
Players who unlock Loba’s Heirloom set will receive the following items:
- Garra de Alanza Heirloom Weapon
- Trazer de Volta (“return” or “bring back”) Loba banner pose
- “I’m in a class of my own” Loba intro quip
Loba’s Heirloom will also be available for purchase in the Mythic Store in exchange for Heirloom Shards once the event ends. Heirloom Shards are earned by opening Apex Packs, and players are guaranteed one set of Shards for every 500 Apex Packs opened.
The Beast of Prey event also features a series of rewards that can only be unlocked by accumulating Challenge Points. Challenges refresh each day, and so far, the event seems to give players the same set of challenges every day. Each challenge has a second tier, allowing you to earn more points for surpassing the initial challenge.
The first tier of challenges are as follows:
- Play 2 matches
- Deal 1,500 damage
- Get 5 kills or assists in any mode
- Get 5 knockdowns in battle royale
- Get a Top 10 finish in battle royale 4 times
You’ll need a total of 5,000 Challenge Points to earn all of the event’s free rewards.
You can also earn the following badges for performing specific feats on the battlefield. The following badges can be obtained by completing the corresponding challenges:
- Beast of Prey Devastator: Deal 50,000 damage in any mode during the Beast of Prey event
- Beast of Prey Exterminator: Get 200 kills or assists in any mode during the Beast of Prey event
- Beast of Prey Arms Dealer: Win 10 matches of Gun Run during the Beast of Prey event
- Beast of Prey Master: Earn all other Beast of Prey badges
As you rack up Challenge Points, you’ll earn the following rewards:
- Horizon stat tracker set (wins/damage done/kills): 500 / 1,250 / 2,000 Challenge Points
- Vantage stat tracker set (wins/damage done/kills): 750 / 2,500 / 4,000 Challenge Points
- Beasts of Prey banner badge: 250 Challenge Points
- Beasts of Prey music pack: 250 Challenge Points
- Apex Pack: 1,000 Challenge Points
- Hunter’s Pack weapon charm (Epic): 1,500 Challenge Points
- Stalker Vantage legend skin (Epic): 3,000 Challenge Points
- Arctic Calibration Devotion weapon skin (Legendary): 3,500 Challenge Points
- Killer Carapice Flatline weapon skin (Legendary): 5,000 Challenge Points
There will also be a series of store bundles available while the event is live.
September 20 – 27:
September 27 – October 4:
The Beast of Prey Collection Event runs until October 4, so make sure you start grinding out those Challenge Points if you want to snag the two free Legendary weapon skins from the reward track.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.